Friday, August 23, 2013

On The Road!

Every time I travel to a small town in Colorado, I call my husband, Jim, and tell him that I want to move there. My mother grew up in a tiny farm town in Illinois. I grew up in two relatively small towns in Wyoming. I like small towns -- the slow pace, the nice people, the feeling of community. And all three were evident when College In Colorado traveled to Fowler, Colorado for our Counseling Office Makeover. We shopped in the local hardware store, ate in the local cafe and walked around the local park. And, true to form, I called Jim and said I wanted to live in Fowler.

Now, after living in Washington, DC and Denver for the past 20 years, the first time I wanted to get a half-caff, skinny French-vanilla no foam latte at 10 p.m. while I am grocery shopping and doing some banking, I would likely be lured back to the big city. But, I want to thank the people of Fowler for allowing me to feel a part of their community for a couple of days.

Of course, we made a video of our adventure ... enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment