Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Every Night (They Belong to You)

When my older son Harlan was in pre-school, I walked in one day and his teacher said, “Ummmm … Dawn … do you listen to Guns N’ Roses with the boys?” I immediately pictured Harlan rattling off inappropriate lyrics to other kids and I was getting ready to profusely apologize and promise to stick with Kidz Bop.

But, she went on to tell me that, when song time rolled around she asked the kids what they should sing and Harlan said, “How about a little G&R?”

Well, I sing to my boys most nights and we have a variety of songs. I say to them each night, “What song do you want? Rainbow #1 (Somewhere Over the Rainbow), Rainbow #2 (Rainbow Connection), Horsey Song (Run For the Roses), Sad-n-Sweet Song (Imagine) or a little G&R (Sweet Child o’ Mine)?”

So, that is where Harlan got that. I know that they say it is important to read with your kids every night and I full-heartedly believe that. But I also think you should sing with them, and so does the dad in this adorable video. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment